Tips For Making A Great Impression
Read this before taking your impressions:
Making a great impression is easy. The process is the same for an upper and a lower impression. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
Preparation, Fitting & Supplies
- Clean your teeth thoroughly by brushing and flossing before starting.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before starting.
- Do not wear gloves while making an impression.
- Stand in front of a mirror or have a mirror handy.
- Test fit the empty impression tray in your mouth. Make sure your rear teeth are covered by the back of the tray and that your teeth do not touch the side walls. If the tray does not fit you, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the correct size quickly.
- Have your phone handy and use the timer for mixing the putty & loading the tray (1 minute) and for making the impression (3 ½ minutes).
Putty Mixing & Loading The Tray (1 minute)
- Set your phone timer for 1 minute.
- Mix the two putties for 45 seconds. The putty should be a solid color, not marbled.
- Use the remaining 15 seconds to roll the putty into the shape of a slender cigar or hotdog, about 4.5“ to 5”. Then load the putty into the impression tray and spread it evenly to the side walls of the tray.
Making your impression (3 ½ minutes)
- Set your phone timer for 3 ½ minutes.
- Fit the filled tray into your mouth, making sure it is centered. Looking in the mirror will help with centering.
- Use your fingers to press the tray evenly into your teeth. Make sure your teeth are covered up to your gum line and lightly touch the bottom of the tray. Do not bite down.
- Use your thumbs to press the impression tray into your rear teeth.
- Do not move the tray once you have covered your teeth. Continue to hold the tray in place to ensure the tray does not move.
- Wait 3 ½ minutes before gently removing the tray.
- Do not remove the impression material from the tray. Send the tray filled with the putty material back to ClearClub.
Watch the ClearClub Impression Instruction Video: