Subscription Guards For Your Complete Dental Health
Using a dental guard to protect your teeth against grinding and clenching is a critical part of oral health for those with bruxism. It makes sense, then, to treat your guards as you would any other part of your regimen...
Some of the primary guidelines for oral health are as follows:
- Drink fluoridated water and brush with fluoride toothpaste.
- Practice good oral hygiene. Brush teeth thoroughly twice a day and floss daily between the teeth to remove dental plaque.
- Visit your dentist at least once a year, even if you have no natural teeth or have dentures.
- Do not use any tobacco products. If you smoke, quit.
- Limit alcoholic drinks.
- If you have diabetes, work to maintain control of the disease. This will decrease risk for other complications, including gum disease. Treating gum disease may help lower your blood sugar level.
- If you take medication that causes dry mouth, ask your doctor for a different medication that may not cause this condition. If dry mouth cannot be avoided, drink plenty of water, chew sugarless gum, and avoid tobacco products and alcohol.
These are all as crucial for maintaining your best oral health as ensuring that any appliances you use are in their best condition. For example, the American Dental Association has a specific recommendation for toothbrushes (or replacement heads for electric brushes): They should be replaced every three to four months or more often if the bristles are visibly matted or frayed.
In addition to other practical reasons for a dental guard subscription that we have discussed, it is because of this recommendation that we encourage folks to consider the ClearClub renewal option. It is recommended that you change your toothbrush every 3-4 months, and you use a toothbrush 6-8 minutes per day. Why wouldn’t you apply similar timing to changing your guard, something that is worn 6-8 hours daily – and perhaps more, if you also wear one for several hours during the day?
ClearClub's renewal option provides an easy, cost-effective way to replace your guard every 3, 4 or 6 months – and if you take care of your guards regularly, cleaning them to prevent bacteria and odors, you can still use them as extra guards for the office or car, or just a spare if you lose one! Most customers will only need to take an impression once, but if your bite ever shifts we'll be happy to send a new impression kit to ensure your renewal has a great fit every time.
Try ClearClub's subscription today, your teeth will thank you!